Monday 7 July 2014

Home Decor

Hello my friends! It has been awhile I know. But lately I have been busying to move. You know, finding moving companies, packing stuffs, buying furnitures......all very hectic. That makes me think of many youtubers moving videos a lot lately.

In their videos, they seem to have so much fun moving and decorating. I'm excited to pick a new bed and desk and so as well. But it's difficult at the same time. Obviously I have to pick things within a set budget. So sometimes I can't get the number one thing that I want. Bummer. Also, I guess flats in Hong Kong are generally way smaller than those in the UK or the States. So we don't actually have that much space to decorate. The priority on my mind is definitely functionality, which is less exciting obviously.

I've also noticed that many beauty gurus like to get the Ikea Alex drawer, pretty paintings and TONS of cushions. And even some of them are only renting the place for a year, they are willing to spend so much effort on painting the wall, decorating the kitchen...Honestly, those are all way too fancy for what I can afford. I would love to do that, don't get me wrong. But I don't know, I'm just more practical (or less wealthy I guess). Sometimes, when I see how they buy different home stuff in their haul videos, I can't stop but wonder where those things are going. Maybe it's just me moving to a small flat or me not being that creative, but I sometimes think those decors are so unreal. It's almost like seeing what's supposed to be in a model home appear in an actual home. I'm just jealous. I guess that gives me motivation to work harder!

Anyway, let's work hard to achieve high together!

No comments:

Post a Comment